The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
1. Should my Dr. be adjusting my dose of Metformin after 30 days?
2. Does additional weight loss usually help much?
3. Have i been at it long enough to be this frustrated?
Hi Tim!

I've been diabetic for quite a number of years. I find it's always a 'work in progress'. My meds always need tweaking now and again.

At the very beginning, when I was prescribed Metformin, I threw up for the first two weeks. The joy! There is always more tweaking at the beginning, when first diagnosed. Your best bet is to test and to keep a food journal.

Additional weight loss will certainly help! I've lost a lot of weight a while ago but I find it's only lately that is has made a difference.

I've been low carbing for a while now and I am doing very well these days. You can find lots of precious infos on low carbing in this forum.

Diabetes is a stupid disease. I hate it with a passion. I could write a book on frustration :D But this wonderful place is the best to vent your frustrations. I find testing and venting go hand in hand.

Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated!
Although I'm 48, I'm still waiting for the wisdom to kick in :bounce:

Take good care!

Reactions: Dura

· Registered
206 Posts
Diabetes can be the most irritating, aggravating, frustrating blankety blank blank . . . we can cruise along smoothly with good stable numbers & no snags, when all of a sudden our fastings go bonkers or some other goofy thing pops up . . . for no logical reason.
So true! I totally love what you wrote. This is what diabetes is!!!

It's true sometimes there is no reason for the weird numbers other than diabetes showing its ugly mug...!!!! I just hate diabetes. I wish I could kick it really good where the sun doesn't shine :eek:

Reactions: Shanny
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.