The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

That was strange I just posted and it disappeared:eek:

Anyway I am a type 2 diabetic on diet control at this stage. Lately I have been experiencing bad dizziness whilst walking and bending over and am starting to think that this is due to diabetes so will see my doctor tomorrow to see what he thinks.
My mother was a diabetic also and I can remember her symptoms when it got worse for her so I shall do something about it now before it gets worse.
Well anyway I shall check out the forum to see what you all have got to say

Take care
MrsS:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, MrsS. Glad you found us, and also glad you will be seeing your doctor. When I feel dizzy, I check my bg. You'll find that most of us do a whole lot of testing. Usually when we get up in the morning, some test before eating, and one and two hours after eating. That might be too much testing for you, and we each have to figure out for ourselves how much testing we need to do, but I hope you are testing often since it is so important, especially while we are trying to get our bg numbers and any symptoms in check.

Welcome to the forum.

Froggie

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Hello MrsS . . . you've prob'ly already found that we have plenty to say - we're nothing if not chatty! :D

Welcome to DF & I hope you'll be able to visit us often. Looking forward to getting better acquainted.

Take care & hurry back! :wave:

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Welcome to DF. Dizziness could mean high bgs or very low bgs. It could also mean low Blood Pressure. So when you feel that way it is important to test. If you are below 70 or 3.8 you will need to eat some source of quick glucose. If you are high you need to figure out what you ate or did to make you high. If you are over 120 or 6.6 a lot you might want to ask your doctor about some medication.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your kind welcome and for giving me some feedback as to what might be happening with me:) much appreciated.
Will be seeing my doctor today so lets hope I can get to the bottom of this dizziness.

Thanks again and take care all:)
MrsS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts