The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere in this forum where Type 1 specific info is shared? So many of the posts relevant to Type 2's are not helpful for me as a Type 1 so I was hoping to find an area where Type 1's posted comments specifically relevant to them, but can't find it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a sub-forum strictly for type 1. There are however, plenty of us type 1's. I currently use an insulin pump, although before that I used the Humalog Memoir pen, which has a memory.

Hope to see you again here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Am I right in assuming there are no 'pumpers' sub-forums either? Does one just have to search for keywords and if they don't appear in results it is because those topics have never been discussed here? The very odd thing to me was searching for memory pens or pens with memory and coming up with 0 results. I find it hard to believe that nobody has posted on the Memoir pen in the past, nor on the Novopen Echo currently available. I was looking for info regarding this pen but it doesn't seem to have been mentioned although as an ignorant newbie I may be missing huge areas of forums that are somehow hidden to me.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
This is the link (if I've done it correctly as I'm not the best computer savvy person) for the pumpers sub forum.

Insulin Pumps - The Diabetes Forum - Building a New Community to Serve Diabetics Online

I started on the Memoir pen quite a while ago and was already using the pump when I happened upon this forum. Is Novopen Echo the pen that was just released in the UK? If so, I don't think it has been approved in North America just yet. I know with the Humalog Memoir pen it was helpful to me to be able to check the last dose to make sure I had indeed done the injection. Sorry you had trouble finding your way around. It is a bit confusing at first.

Reactions: foxl
1 - 5 of 5 Posts