The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im jan,mum to 6 kids i live in hull uk and ive just found out ive got diabetes type 2

·
Registered
663 Posts
Welcome Jan, Have a look at the boards here as you be shure to find your answers here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi im jan,mum to 6 kids i live in hull uk and ive just found out ive got diabetes type 2
Hi.. I'm a newbie too..
I didn't get diabetes.. But one of my family member has died because of this.. So I'd like to know more about diabetes here..

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Jan, tell us more about yourself and any problems you may be having. We have some experienced diabetics here who may have good information for you.

Tuantakur, tell us more about your friend. If you have questions please ask.

Welcome to both of you, I'm glad you have joined.

Richard

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im a mum,living in hull uk,never had any problems before,i went to the drs a few months ago cos of headaches and feeling tired,so she ran some blood tests,and just by chance she checked my sugar levels,which was a little high,so a few weeks later did a repeat test which was even higher,then on monday last week i had another blood test which was higher still,so ive been back today and ive been put on meds,im just confused about what i can eat and drink

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well im a mum,living in hull uk,never had any problems before,i went to the drs a few months ago cos of headaches and feeling tired,so she ran some blood tests,and just by chance she checked my sugar levels,which was a little high,so a few weeks later did a repeat test which was even higher,then on monday last week i had another blood test which was higher still,so ive been back today and ive been put on meds,im just confused about what i can eat and drink
also the last 2 weeks ive been having normal symptoms of diabetes

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Jan I suggest that you see a diabetes educator who can advise you on proper care technique and also tell you the proper diet you should follow. A dietitian could also be helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts