The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to all this. Trying to get bg right. Need to lose weight and exercise more. My
Biggest battle at the moment is dealing with the feeling of lower blood sugar. I don't feel well. I wonder how long it will take for me to adjust.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi, and welcome to DF.

If your blood sugar has been running high for a long time, operating in a more normal range can make you feel weak, shakey, and generally not good. Some people feel better within a few days, and some people may need a few weeks. One thing you'll find about diabetes is that it's a very variable condition.

Are you using meds? I'm a T1 on insulin. I recently added some Metformin to my program to deal with elevated blood sugar first thing in the morning. So far, so good! What kinds of changes have you made to your diet? That's the hardest part for many people. To get over the hump, you might check out the Recipes section here - there are lots of great suggestions.

Let us know how you're doing. There is always someone here to answer questions or support you when you just need to vent.

Jen

·
Registered
8 Posts
New to all this. Trying to get bg right. Need to lose weight and exercise more. My
Biggest battle at the moment is dealing with the feeling of lower blood sugar. I don't feel well. I wonder how long it will take for me to adjust.
good day. When you mention you "dont feel well" is that just when you have low sugar or in general?

Are you type one or two. I sort of guess type two but of course I dont know for sure...

How do you feel with low sugar as I would recommend retrainng your brain to accept this is what happens. I myself have had many many low episodes and not nice but if you remember to tell yourself that this feeling is just an indication that you need sugar and all will be well again all shall be ok...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts