The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was told I have diabetes 3 weeks ago, im doing fine so far,going Thursday to a class,an this morning my bs for first time was under 100.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome aboard & thank you for joining us! Tell us if you're on any meds & what else you are doing to manage your numbers. We're nothing if not nosy . . . :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im on metformin 500 mg,24 hr. Tabs once a day,I take it with my supper.an the dr. Has me checking on meter,my fasting an before supper. And im so far just watching my diet. My ac1 was 6.3,an fasting 120,when the dr. Took good work. But my family history is sooo very bad,that I wasn't surprised. So im glad she caught it in time,I've also lost 10 lbs. Need to lose at least 10 more. Thank you

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello there :rapture: looks like we were diagnosed about the same time. It sounds like you are doing well and :tea: to you for catching it early unlike me :( Welcome to the Board~~~~

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Hi, Turcoworld. Glad to meet you. Pull up a chair and tell us more about your adventure so far. We're nosy as Shanny says!

Sounds like you are doing fine so far!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you,yes im trying!! I think I will feel better Thurs.when I attend that class. I was very happy this morn. When I took my fasting bs,an it was under 100,going to eat the same snack tonight an hope.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts