Diabetes Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the discussions? Click here!

Newby

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Shanny 
#1 ·
I have been diagonosed with type 2 about a month ago.Ready to take my second class.So far so good.:hug:Getting used to testing my blood.I don't know if this is the place to ask but where do you get test strips for less price?:hug:

#2 ·
I dont know if your insurance will cover them. Mine does as long as the doctor prescribes them. If not, I think Walmart is pretty reasonable. If you are eligible for medicare (sorry I dont know how old you are) I think people are able to get them home delivery and covered.

Good luck and I am sure you will get the hang of it all soon. There is a lot to learn and I know it can be overwhelming at first. There are some great people here at answering questions though.

Be well,
Pam

#3 ·
Hello and welcome aboard. You can buy the Relion meter at a Walmart store for $9, and a box of 50 strips for about $20. That is less than half the price of a name brand product. I have used the Relion meter and I think it is just as good as the more expensive meters.

Richard

#4 ·
Welcome to our forum, declady. I hope you'll visit often with any and all questions or comments you have about the new journey you've begun. We've sure all covered the same ground, and it's so much help knowing there are others who understand!

Thank you for joining us!

take care,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.