The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I had a fasting blood test on Tuesday of this week and Dr phoned me next day to say my blood sugar level is high, gave me appointment for diabetic clinic which is more than a week away. I have a lot of symptoms ie. sweating profusely, fatique, thirst, nasea, but mostly I feel extremely hungry most of the time can this be a symptom of diabeties?:confused:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Hello Katy: :)

Yes, those symptoms certainly can be a reason to think Diabetes. I hope not. There could be another explanation though. If you know someone who has a meter you could ask to use it to test before and after meals. I'm surprised the Drs. let you leave without knowing something for sure, if you have all those symptoms.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please take note of what you eat! Take control of your health now, 1 week of wait is potentially 1 week of damage done. What do you eat regularly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont know anyone with diabeties which is why I find it so frightening, i dont have any experience of the disease at all. I think i should be cutting out sugary foods and carbs that are found in things like white bread, potatoes and pasta, that what i have been doing since Wednesday. I have been trying to find information on the internet.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Katy, you are on the right track with your diet you are using. Terrie's suggestion of getting a meter for testing your blood sugar is a grea idea. If you can do that then test before you eat anything the first morning you get a chance and then let us know what number you saw. That will tell us a lot. Good luck withh your next doctor's appointment.

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts