The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic and very flustered, confused and angry over the whole thing. Some info, Male, 48, 350lbs, Trying to figure out a diet has got me in a jumble. To make matters worse
I travel a lot so end up at restaurants for meals. Is there a list somewhere of what I can eat at various chain restaurants?

This carb counting, starchy food counting is not going to work well. I want food menu, not things in food menu.

I have mostly given up my raw/non-pasteurized milk for that watered down stuff they call skim milk and that was enough of a challenge. The rest of this looks impossible.

Frustrated......

·
Registered
279 Posts
Personally, I think you can continue your raw, unpasturized milk if you want. It may have more fat than we all should have but for now I think you need to concentrate on carb counting. There are often diabetes education classes offered at local community hospitals. Also, maybe you can call your local hospital and see if you can meet with a Registered Dietician who can help you with meal planning. Did your doctor put you on any medications to help you lower your glucose numbers for now? Exercise is a key part of maintaining healthy glucose numbers. Even a walk around the block will help. In general, cut down white bread, white rice, potatoes and pastas. Instead eat lots of vegetables (raw or cooked), proteins such as chicken and fish and include fruits. Change your bread and pasta eating to whole grains and high fiber choices. That'll be a good start. Hopefully you can attend some diabetes education classes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts