The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a type1 diabetic for 47 years.In recent years, I have started having severe reactions at night.I don't have them very often,but once every 6 mos. is enough to worry my family,especially my husband, who has to travel for business occassionally. I have changed my insulin.I no longer take Lantus at night,and I use Novolog to cover meals.Also, I use Novolog for correction purposes.Usually I do very well. My night glucose readings rise about 2 AM(I get up and test) I use a correction dose 1 unit Novolog for every100 Blood Gloucose units over a normal reading,plus 2 units Novolog to get me thru 'til morning. This gives me a morning reading between 85-116. I have been using this formula for close to 6 months,without fail and without problems. The other night I had a severe reaction. My husband and I could only figure out that I had been under stress,due to the earthquake,and the preparations I was making for the predicted hurricane in our area. The explaination is probably right,hine site being 20/20,but that doesn't help me predict when I might have another reaction. I have been looking at continous blood glucose monitors,but it seems like expensive overkill for the problem.Help!! My husband doesn't feel comfortable traveling because he is my backup when I have an episode. Does anyone have a thought on the subject? If CGM's are the only answer then does anyone use one? Other than the expense, what are the pros and cons? Is one better than another? What are your experiences with them? Any and all answers would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi ioeshaster the experience that I have so far occurred biabet with no such a thing ever! Disturbance so how have you not had sometimes by the rise of sugar, but sugar is the reduction of m had no concern. The majority of people that I say this with say that, you do not have such problems because he keeps the age that I am 23 years old and almost 8 years experience. Perhaps a more distant future will have such problems and un. From my experience I have had 2 of her diabetes extreme cases that have ended in the hospital. Do not know why the concrete fact this has happened, I shall put the blame yourself .. That can be awakened in the morning and I have been insulin-free consciousness and have done more than enough, or have eating very little bread. People close to the Curtain at that time with people who gave first aid and trying to give me sugar and such things until they put me in hospital, because I only say that the heart shiver with kolpo give and I stopped trembling without . I do not remember any of these pervcecse I found myself in hospital in a coma. I hope to find a solution as soon as possible ioeshaster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts