The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what point do you correct a low before bedtime? Last night at bedtime I was 64. I was afraid to try an get to sleep with that low, so I drank a cup of milk and thirty minutes later I was 121. I guess that was all right because this morning I was 92. What is low for you? I have a friend who tolerates the forties before she takes action.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I use a small correction at around 60-65. If you go lower than that, I would not correct with Milk, I would use something faster acting. I use skittles as 1 skittle = 1 point, so it is easy to calculate and boosts my blood sugar quickly. In the 40's is just too dangerous to wait to take action in my opinion.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I like to keep my blood sugar at at least 100 mg/dl at night, but then I am still hypo-phobic due to my experiences when using glyburide. But now using insulin it is not really much of a problem unless I grossly misjudge my meal bolus.

ColaJim

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I tolerate the 70s and the high 60s, unless I am going to exercise. Even slow walking can make you go lower, so I always eat something that will raise my BG to 100, or higher, before getting exercise. I work out at a gym and need to be at least 120 before I start.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
My third meal of the day is at 1am, so im covered

1 - 5 of 5 Posts