The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After feeling very ill for the last few days, I went to see my doc and it has been determined that I have gallbladder issues. After having ultrasound done, I have several stones. Even though they are small, the doc figures that a lot of what I am eating is irritating my gallbladder. So for now, no eggs or anything overly fatty. So I guess that kind of puts a halt to my low carb/high fat routine. He says that since I changed my diet approx. a month ago, that this has irritated my gallbladder and until I eat lower fat it will not settle down and get better.

So much for any weight loss as I go back to all the low fat crap. I'm terrified as to what this will do to my BG numbers.

Anyone have any suggestions on what I can incorporate into my diet to help with this situation?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Increase your vegetables and low or no fat meats. Also maybe a 2nt Doctor opinion...

bugg:) please don't pay me any attention

·
Registered
13 Posts
This might not sound appetizing, but it's all I can think for low fat, high protein: beans/ legumes and tofu/tempeh...and egg whites are still ok I imagine. That all sounds really dull, I realize, but those foods can taste great with good seasonings and some imagination.

O

·
0 Posts
oh sorry to hear that Sandra. I would suggest eating more vegies to pump up your meals and eat lean meats instead. I also think egg whites should be Ok. I cook with olive oil when needed. This is why I think that all food in moderation is the key as you go one way and get problems, you go the other way and get problems just the same. The body has to work harder to digest fats too and that places more stress on your gallbladder and other organs. We have to focus on protecting all our body parts I suppose. It's hard work really isn't it. I do know that in baking stuff you can replace egg with vinegar too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts