The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam a type 2 an i am not on meds and exercies . i would like to someone the same .

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I do very low carb and I do tons of exercise but I still need metformin to keep my bgs close to the 100 range. Congrats on your success getting off meds.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iam going two years now and it is not easy . i still have not found someone the same as me . i will try again later .

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
James, I'm confused by your question...I'm on no meds and I can't do much exercise because of another physical condition. What are you hunting? I control mine with diet only.

What is your question?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
There are so many here on the forum who have controlled their BGs by diet and exercise only. I am hoping to join them someday....

who are you looking for ?

Reactions: stormie

·
Registered
335 Posts
No meds here - diet, with exercise. You'll mind many in the same situation as you, perhaps just make it clearer what you are searching for...

Reactions: clebo

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am starting my 3rd year of diabetes.When I found out I had diabetes the doc put me on metformin.I took it for 11 months and did not like the side effects from it. I talk to my doc and he let me try it on my own.I controll it with diet and exercise only. My numbers are 75 to 120 in the mornings with the mijority of the time 10 something by evening I'm in the 70's or 80's most of the time. I usually don't spike over 120. I'm quite happy about that. As long as the numbers stay in that range I don't see me going back on meds. I hope every one has great success. LIFE IS GOOD! :)

Reactions: MCS

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have to say i am not a loner anymore .

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i guess what i am getting at is night reading are they higher all the time .

·
Registered
335 Posts
jameshendrix said:
i guess what i am getting at is night reading are they higher all the time .
Perhaps if you share a little more detail and some insight to your lifestyle/how you eat we could help you? It's all too easy to think we go through this alone, each time we get a weird spike or consistently high readings we feel alone and disappointed BUT we are not alone. Everyone here, is here for exactly the same reason.

Keep positive and talk to us :).

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Me too. Diet alone, exercise optional. Sometimes I'm good about exercise others (recently) not good at all. I'm sure exercise is good for lots of things, but it is completely irrelevant to my blood sugar control. The way I deal with blood sugar, if I exercise and blood sugar comes down, I have failed and done something wrong.

High ketogenic ratio, at least over 1.5. No exceptions and no "blow-off" days or even moments. That would mean starting all over establishing the needed conditions. Testing is no longer necessary and I'm down to a couple of times per week.

Just past 2 years a few months ago. Details in my signature.

Reactions: Patdart and clebo

·
Registered
432 Posts
I could be wrong,but is this the first diabetes forum to have a moderator that takes no diabetic meds.? Yeah for this forum and a double yeah for Patdart.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
This is only the second I've ever found (and I've been to LOTS) where the moderators refrain from taking a side (the WRONG side, of course) in the diet debates and themselves pile on in harassing, belittling, accusing and eventually banning anyone who opposes the LF dogma of the sponsors and major organizations.

On most of them, you can just look around the edges of the screen at the adverts to know why this is happening.

I could be wrong,but is this the first diabetes forum to have a moderator that takes no diabetic meds.? Yeah for this forum and a double yeah for Patdart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No more insulin

iam a type 2 an i am not on meds and exercies . i would like to someone the same .
I was diagnosed feb 2010, anniversary next month, at first 4 shots of insulin per day, then down to 1 shot levimere at night, and on Jan 1, 2012 I ceased taking all insulin, yipppeeeeeeeee, readings have been constant very well in range. , control with DIET, medium on exer., mainly diet., 23 months, lost 153lbs.....

see my primary next week, hopefully getting off bp meds....

good luck to all, thanks for the information I have received from this group.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Wow - lost 153 lbs - that's amazing. And off insulin. And soon off bp meds.

A major success story. Congrats!

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
Turn around............. I just wanted to pat you on your back, way to go........!

I was diagnosed feb 2010, anniversary next month, at first 4 shots of insulin per day, then down to 1 shot levimere at night, and on Jan 1, 2012 I ceased taking all insulin, yipppeeeeeeeee, readings have been constant very well in range. , control with DIET, medium on exer., mainly diet., 23 months, lost 153lbs.....

see my primary next week, hopefully getting off bp meds....

good luck to all, thanks for the information I have received from this group.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts