The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering,

I am currently taking Lantus in the morning before I eat, but I am not really that hungry in the mornings and usually find myself missing a good portion of my breckfast.

I am taking Lantus and H, what would you reccomend I do if I don't want to eat breckfast?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I was wondering,

I am currently taking Lantus in the morning before I eat, but I am not really that hungry in the mornings and usually find myself missing a good portion of my breckfast.

I am taking Lantus and H, what would you reccomend I do if I don't want to eat breckfast?
I'm afraid that I can't be much help because I am not on insulin, but I sympathize with you completely about breakfast. Before being diagnosed, I rarely ate breakfast. I'm not a morning person and I'm never hungry in the morning. In fact, eating in the morning makes me feel sick. But because I am on Metformin, I have to eat in order to take my AM dose. It's been really difficult to adjust. I eat as little as possible and snack closer toward lunch.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I am a great believer in having a good breakfast but I find if you are one of those who don't be physically mobile in your day then skipping breakfast is my thing too and if you don't feel hungry, Don't eat.
I hear from health professionals say skipping meals for a diabetic is not good and they still moan when they say that you're fat.
I would think that a good diabetic is to control the Blood Glucose to a normal level to whatever you eat or not. There is people in the health community say you skip a meal and they think of a low is about to happen. So that is what they are scared of. ;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I am on Lantus and Humlog also. There have been many times that I couldn't eat brekky and I'm still here. But I have to say it is not wise to at least have something small to eat, however. Some experiences weren't that Great.

If I don't feel like eating in the morning, I have an unsweetened glass of apple juice(or other juice) to get my juices flowing. Then my tummy feels better and more accepting to, say a piece of cheese, or a yogurt or a piece of toast with a couple of pieces of bacon, etc.

Sometimes other meds. that we take can cause nausea especially in the mornings.

You shouldn't take Humalog unless you eat something. If you do, it will come back a couple hours later and bite you in the butt.

If you don't take your Humalog then your sugars will rise soon after you awaken. You have to try to keep the Diabetes and Life necessities in balance, since one affects another and another. Similar to dominoes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts