The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I open this new thread because of a simple reason.
Each day that follows a nocturnal low sugar (hypoglycemia) I have "suicidal" headache which does not go away even with the best seller painkillers on the Romanian market: Panadol Extra or Solpadeine (in my opinion bad enough for your health).
Please help me get rid of these sequences or at least tell me what you're doing in your cases. I guess all T1 diabetics went through at least one nocturnal low BG.

my English is not too good.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi and Welcome.

I'm not a Type 1 but I suggest you might benefit from basal testing... simply put: you fast for at least part of the day (do not eat your normal meals or snacks) and so do not need any bolus or short-acting insulin. If your basal or long-acting insulin is set up correctly then your Blood Glucose (BG) should remain stable. If your BG is not stable on just your basal insulin then you may need to adjust the dosage and timing of your basal insulin.

I am not sure if they have been translated but books often recommend which discuss this idea are [ame="http://www.amazon.ca/Think-Like-Pancreas-Practical-Managing/dp/1569244367"]Think Like a Pancreas[/ame] by Gary Scheiner and
by John Walsh.

Please stay around, read, share and ask questions :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have had plenty of those lows tohat you speak of. I refere to them as the low hang over. And what works for one will work for the other. Pleanty of fluids, sleep, then some good coffee. The cafine helps with the pain that remains and jumpstarts the other horemones that are out of whack from the the lows. And test often to make sure you are not suffering from symogi (spelling may be wrong.) syndrom. Morw commonly called the rebound high. Mine would hit 300 and stay there for 12 hours our more. You have my sympathy as I have been there and done that and really time is the best medicine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts