The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know Dr.s recommend normal levels 70-110, BUT when my levels get to the lower 90s I start feeling weak by the 70s I am shaking and sweating and can hardly stand up. What I'm asking is do you think levels can be different for individuals.

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I think its your body trying to get readjusted to lower levels, (false hypos). Once your body becomes accustomed to higher levels it wants you to maintain them, if not you get the sickly feeling your describing. With time that feeling should subside with lower numbers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its your body trying to get readjusted to lower levels, (false hypos). Once your body becomes accustomed to higher levels it wants you to maintain them, if not you get the sickly feeling your describing. With time that feeling should subside with lower numbers.
MCS, This is not a new thing, I was diagnosed in 1994 at that time "normal" was 80-120 (still have ADA manual with those numbers) that level felt better than the 70-110 they say now. Also this is not the rapid transit from high to low that you feel.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
How long have you been averaging 70-110? It took me a few weeks to really get comfy with any average under 140. Nowadays, my personal preference is more like 80-100.

Under 80 (except at fasting) just feels too low -- not truly hypo, more like running on a quarter-tank.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How long have you been averaging 70-110? It took me a few weeks to really get comfy with any average under 140. Nowadays, my personal preference is more like 80-100.

Under 80 (except at fasting) just feels too low -- not truly hypo, more like running on a quarter-tank.
I have not been averaging 70-110 and don't plan to, I have a bayer usb meter that graphs readings and have set lows @70 and alarm highs at 170 I try to keep numbers before and after meals in this range.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I have not been averaging 70-110 and don't plan to, I have a bayer usb meter that graphs readings and have set lows @70 and alarm highs at 170 I try to keep numbers before and after meals in this range.
I don't keep within my 80-110 as much as I'd like to; but it works pretty well for me. But I always try to keep below 140, because my understanding is that glucose damage begins at that level (and possibly lower).

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I think all of us have experiences "false lows". Even though we may be shaky they are not dangerous. It is just that your body is not used to them. If you are letting your bgs go as high as 170 after meals that may be part of the problem. You may be spiking quickly and crashing quickly. It is the speed of the crash that often causes these symptoms. I like to keep my bgs in a 80-110 range all day.

Reactions: MCS

·
WHAT, I got D
3,849 Posts
I was originally Dxed at 350 after a week of eating nothing but HB eggs and Slim Jims. My body fought me every inch of the way back down into the 70's. My range now is 70-90 with the occasional spike over 100. I am routinely between 68 and low 70's before dinner. I can still feel the 60's, 70's I am just hungry, its time to eat.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Ok, I know Dr.s recommend normal levels 70-110, BUT when my levels get to the lower 90s I start feeling weak by the 70s I am shaking and sweating and can hardly stand up. What I'm asking is do you think levels can be different for individuals.
As you can tell from most of the replies above, this is NORMAL behavior of your body as you adjust to proper levels.

The body is used to something higher, and as such reacts with the shaking, weakness, etc., as you approach real normal levels.

Be patient and this will pass. Your body will become accustomed to what the levels are once you remain there, and it will function properly there. It just takes a little while. How long it takes to adjust can be from a couple days to a few weeks. But it WILL adjust.

Good luck!

Reactions: Shanny and MCS
G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As you can tell from most of the replies above, this is NORMAL behavior of your body as you adjust to proper levels.

The body is used to something higher, and as such reacts with the shaking, weakness, etc., as you approach real normal levels.

Be patient and this will pass. Your body will become accustomed to what the levels are once you remain there, and it will function properly there. It just takes a little while. How long it takes to adjust can be from a couple days to a few weeks. But it WILL adjust.

Good luck!
Obviously I am not going to have an intelligent conversation on the subject of this post, I have been doing this since 1994 if I was going to adjust as you say I would have by now. Shanny please cancel my membership.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Obviously I am not going to have an intelligent conversation on the subject of this post, I have been doing this since 1994 if I was going to adjust as you say I would have by now. Shanny please cancel my membership.
I have not the authority to grant your request, TW, but I will pass it on to our administrator, unless you'd rather contact him yourself.

Due to the negative attitude of the OP and his unnecessary rude remarks, this thread is now closed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.