The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! My name is Erica. I am 29, eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight.
Over the past several decade I have experienced extreme dizziness, blurred vision for unknown reasons at least once per week, sometimes more. On three very memorable occasions was very close to blacking out. Yesterday I did 'pass out' at the gym during a very easy warm up. sometimes after eating or while eating I black out or have dizziness in a similar way. I urinate often, at least once an hour. I am hungry frequently...must eat every couple of hours. According to close ones, they know I am hungry before I feel it bc I become irritable. I am always cold and often numb fingers. Because of the blacking out experiences I've been tested the fasting test in 2008 and glucose level was normal...platlete counts were tad low.

After yesterday's incident, I started testing levels again. My results are in normal ada range. 98 fasting, 119 after meals two-three hours. However, some places are saying these ranges by the ada are not in fact as normal as once thought. If this is true, my ranges would be bordeeline then? I am not sure about any of it...but I thought I would come on here and get thoughts and experiences if tou have any. Much appreciated! Again, I eat healthy and often and am a healthy fit a

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I'd love those numbers! I'd suggest you ask your doctor to do a full evaluation for you and insist he either help you get to the bottom of it or refer you to someone who can.

Good luck,

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Your first paragraph sound a lot like hypoglycemia. Can you try to test your BG at the time you are experiencing the dizziness? The other numbers are not excessively high. Unlikely that barely borderline numbers like that could produce extreme symptoms like passing out.

Hello! My name is Erica. I am 29, eat healthy and maintain a healthy weight.
Over the past several decade I have experienced extreme dizziness, blurred vision for unknown reasons at least once per week, sometimes more. On three very memorable occasions was very close to blacking out. Yesterday I did 'pass out' at the gym during a very easy warm up. sometimes after eating or while eating I black out or have dizziness in a similar way. I urinate often, at least once an hour. I am hungry frequently...must eat every couple of hours. According to close ones, they know I am hungry before I feel it bc I become irritable. I am always cold and often numb fingers. Because of the blacking out experiences I've been tested the fasting test in 2008 and glucose level was normal...platlete counts were tad low.

After yesterday's incident, I started testing levels again. My results are in normal ada range. 98 fasting, 119 after meals two-three hours. However, some places are saying these ranges by the ada are not in fact as normal as once thought. If this is true, my ranges would be bordeeline then? I am not sure about any of it...but I thought I would come on here and get thoughts and experiences if tou have any. Much appreciated! Again, I eat healthy and often and am a healthy fit a

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
My results are in normal ada range. 98 fasting, 119 after meals two-three hours. However, some places are saying these ranges by the ada are not in fact as normal as once thought. If this is true, my ranges would be bordeeline then? I am not sure about any of it...
You can go to Blood Sugar 101 and read the section 'What is a Normal Blood Sugar?' The site isn't ADA, almost everything on that site is based on research and studies.

Passing out is a serious matter, no matter what is causing it, so I hope you will make an appointment with your doc asap.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Recommended blood glucose targets for people with diabetes*

AIC** Fasting blood glucose/ blood glucose before meals (mmol/L) Blood glucose two hours after eating (mmol/L)
Target for most patients with diabetes ≤7.0% fasting 4.0 to 7.0 2 hours after eating 5.0 to 10
Normal range ≤6.0% fasting 4.0 to 6.0 2 hours after eating 5.0 to 8.0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts