The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today my blood sugar dropped to 116 most the day which is good yet very low from where i normally are at 330+ (started new insulin last night lantus and humalog) however all day i have been really sick to the stomach and sweating even though its not hot in my house at all is this normal?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
today my blood sugar dropped to 116 most the day which is good yet very low from where i normally are at 330+ (started new insulin last night lantus and humalog) however all day i have been really sick to the stomach and sweating even though its not hot in my house at all is this normal?
called the on call doc he said this is normal he said this is like my body coming down off a high and is normal for as high as my bs usually is and to monitor bs close the next 72 hrs and after 72 hrs i should start to feel better.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Glad to know you talked to the doc . . . since I don't use insulin, I was reluctant to speak up. I hope you feel better sooner than 72 hours!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
called the on call doc he said this is normal he said this is like my body coming down off a high and is normal for as high as my bs usually is and to monitor bs close the next 72 hrs and after 72 hrs i should start to feel better.
Mary, your blood glucose is 50% lower at 116 versus 300+. Your body is not used to that and it might take longer than 72 hours to feel like yourself again. Test frequently and be sure that you have some fast acting carbs around in case you drop too low. Blood glucose tabs, orange juice or my favorite, just plain old regular cola.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts