The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a year since I have been in this range, I hit a high today of 290. Then I fell 210 points within 1 hour. I hate having to be on steroids! I still have to be on them for 10 days. My face is flushed all of the time, my feet are swollen and I can't get my house slippers on..ugh.... How I ever caught pneumonia in the summer is beyond me. I guess it could be worse, I could still be in the hospital and on BI-PAP. Having to wear a mask at night to sleep was terrible. My hat goes off to anyone having to wear this on a nightly basis!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
It has been a year since I have been in this range, I hit a high today of 290. Then I fell 210 points within 1 hour. I hate having to be on steroids! I still have to be on them for 10 days. My face is flushed all of the time, my feet are swollen and I can't get my house slippers on..ugh.... How I ever caught pneumonia in the summer is beyond me. I guess it could be worse, I could still be in the hospital and on BI-PAP. Having to wear a mask at night to sleep was terrible. My hat goes off to anyone having to wear this on a nightly basis!
((((hugs)))) Sorry :( steroids are miserable! Just hang on, this too shall pass.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Darn it, Breeze . . . I hate that you're so sick. Falling that far that fast must feel like getting hit by a bus. You had that hospital staff hopping for awhile last weekend, I think!

And you're right about the masks - once in awhile I'll have a night when I seem to battle the mask all night long - mostly if it keeps losing its seal. But usually I get "strapped in" & I'm out like a light.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
breeze can you get a penumonia shot.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your illness Breeze. It is good to know it is only temporary. I hope you have a healthy rest of the year when this problem has cleared..

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I guess it could be worse, I could still be in the hospital and on BI-PAP. Having to wear a mask at night to sleep was terrible. My hat goes off to anyone having to wear this on a nightly basis!
Breeze,
It all depends upon the mask you use IMO. I am on CPAP, not BI-PAP. I tried the nasal mask first and it was terrible. I could not sleep at all. I then used the full face mask, which is fantastic. Once you get used to it, it is fantastic. You wake up fresh as a daisy, full of energy and never feel sleepy during the day. Also I am led to believe that it leads to better control of diabetes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts