The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. Both parents, both brothers and one sister were type 2, so I wasn't at all surprised when I was diagnosed as a prediabetic. Both parents and one brother died of diabetic complications.

My A1c was only 6.0 so I consider catching it this early to be a blessing. I have read lots of posts and have done my reading at blood sugar 101 and I bought a meter and strips at Walmart and have been eating low carb/high fat and losing weight. I have hung out here long enough to try some of your recipes. My fasting is usually in the 80's and other times it mostly stays below 120, so I'm expecting my next A1c to be spectacular. I'm just waiting for the test results, hopefully on Monday. My doctor didn't prescribe any medicine, but so for I haven't needed it. Thank you for all of your help and for the great recipes.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Well hey - good to have you de-lurk so we can get acquainted! Way to go taking the bull by the horns & gaining control. We'll be looking forward to learning your new numbers too.

This is great - thanks loads for joining us . . . I think your attitude & enthusiasm will be a big boost around here! :D

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Welcome! I used to be professional lurker myself until I became enamored with the idea of yabbing all day on the internet. :D

Sounds like you have really taken hold of the best advice on this forum and put it into practice. Can't wait to see your next A1c.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Sounds like you are on the right track, welcome to DF.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts