The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a question before lunch my bs was 113 an hour after lunch it was 101 is it normal for it to drop after a meal I been noticing this with some foods that I eat.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I had a question before lunch my bs was 113 an hour after lunch it was 101 is it normal for it to drop after a meal I been noticing this with some foods that I eat.
Heidi, there are no stupid questions here. The fact that your number dropped was awesome! You certainly want to keep track of the foods you are eating that this happens with. Those are the foods you want to stick with. Are you using a fast-acting insulin at mealtimes? Oh, and by the way, we are literally about 100 miles from each other. I live in Cleveland, Ohio.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol ok so guess it wasnt a stupid question... I lived in cleveland for a few months long story lol But I was born and raised in New York city been in columbus 10 years now... I just found it strange that my bs went down and not up after eating I had grilled chicken and a small can of musterd greens and I sneaked in some ranch dressing for the chicken It has also happened when I eat salads and sea food my bs will drop and not rise... I always thought we always went up a little bit after meals and not down lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
I go up after I eat so you are lucky to have foods which do the reverse. Understanding how your body reacts to foods will help you greatly. You may want to keep track of what those good for you foods are.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Lol ok so guess it wasnt a stupid question... I lived in cleveland for a few months long story lol But I was born and raised in New York city been in columbus 10 years now... I just found it strange that my bs went down and not up after eating I had grilled chicken and a small can of musterd greens and I sneaked in some ranch dressing for the chicken It has also happened when I eat salads and sea food my bs will drop and not rise... I always thought we always went up a little bit after meals and not down lol
It is possible and has happened to me especially when you eat food that is very low in carbs. A subway tuna+chicken salad with full fat dressings sometimes has that effect on me

Also remember meter readings are sometimes off by 10% - 15 %

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Another diabetic from the Cleveland area. I was born in NY and grew up there in the Hudson Valley and moved to Cleveland about 21 years ago. My daughter just spent 4 years at college 20 miles east of Columbus. As far as your bgs going down I usually think of it as my pancreas needs a jumpstart. When you eat, your pancreas gets a signal to produce insulin which lowers bgs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts