The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my names Paul. 5 years ago I was told I had type 2. In five years if anything its got better, I sold up and left England and bought a small yatch then spent 4 years sailing in the med. A compleat change of lifestyle, a very different diet and much more exercise. Now i live in Spain , somebody gave me a dog and Ive found her to be one of the best things to help me get more exercise. 3 or 4 good walks a day. I had a blood test last month and it was pretty good. The med diet is so much better with plenty of fish, olives, and salads and fresh fruit.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome to Diabetes Forum, Paul. You certainly HAVE changed your lifestyle, and it's good to hear you're reaping the benefits. And wonderful that you have a furball friend to share your days with & help you manage - my life would be pretty boring without my four-footed friends. :D

Thank you for joining us and do keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Hi my names Paul. 5 years ago I was told I had type 2. In five years if anything its got better, I sold up and left England and bought a small yatch then spent 4 years sailing in the med. A compleat change of lifestyle, a very different diet and much more exercise. Now i live in Spain , somebody gave me a dog and Ive found her to be one of the best things to help me get more exercise. 3 or 4 good walks a day. I had a blood test last month and it was pretty good. The med diet is so much better with plenty of fish, olives, and salads and fresh fruit.
Hello Paul! Welcome to the forum! Sounds like your change of lifestyle is sure helping with your diabetes. I wish you continued success and I hope you can visit us between dog walks! :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hello Paul,

Excellent job on changing your life for the better ! :clap2:

--ET

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Paul, welcome! I've heard really good things about the Mediterranean diet, and I eat lots of fish and EVOO myself. Sounds like you're having a lot of fun, and being healthy as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts