The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with contrast of my pituitary gland. How exciting! NOT! If something rare had to happen to me I wish it was the lottery.............Stinky is struggling in Alabama. All I think about is my sweet precious children and wonderful husband. This stinks!

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
They're just doing tests at this point, right? Having an MRI doesn't mean you have a tumor. Stay positive! Maybe it doesn't stink!

I know you have anxiety over this, and it's understandable, but the nature of healthcare is that they do zillions of tests. I was told once by a rheumatologist that I had osteonecrosis. I joined a list and got very involved in the fact all my bones were dying. Only - er - turned out not to be true. My bones are just fine, tyvm.

Hard as it might be, try to relax. Meditate. Easier said, I know .... but one step at a time.

Hang in there! :hug:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Try to focus on your wonderful fasting numbers, your continuing weight loss, AND your wonderful husband & kids!

If they haven't mentioned going off your metformin for this test, be sure to ask somebody. Jenny Ruhl (BloodSugar101) advises going off metformin for a short time before, and two days after any procedure using contrast dyes. Apparently the two together can put a strain on kidneys.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try to focus on your wonderful fasting numbers, your continuing weight loss, AND your wonderful husband & kids!

If they haven't mentioned going off your metformin for this test, be sure to ask somebody. Jenny Ruhl (BloodSugar101) advises going off metformin for a short time before, and two days after any procedure using contrast dyes. Apparently the two together can put a strain on kidneys.
I asked the doctor about that and he said it was a different kind of contrast but I think I will stop anyway for a little while and see what happens. Thanks Shanny!

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're just doing tests at this point, right? Having an MRI doesn't mean you have a tumor. Stay positive! Maybe it doesn't stink!

I know you have anxiety over this, and it's understandable, but the nature of healthcare is that they do zillions of tests. I was told once by a rheumatologist that I had osteonecrosis. I joined a list and got very involved in the fact all my bones were dying. Only - er - turned out not to be true. My bones are just fine, tyvm.

Hard as it might be, try to relax. Meditate. Easier said, I know .... but one step at a time.

Hang in there! :hug:
Thanks Moon! I am trying to stay positive and have a sense of humor! I already knew I was special but a disease that is supposed to affect on 5 to 10 out of every million? I am super special now! Thanks for the hug!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
When I had an MRI with contrast a month ago, I was told that if I took metformin, I had to be without it for a week, before they could use the contrast, but its maybe not the same type contrast as in Norway.
Isn`t it possible to call and ask?
Wish you the very best, and hope you can think positive!
For me the MRI showed I`m ok, and this is the answer you also can have!
:hug:

Reactions: Patdart

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Aww stinky, BEST WISHES!!!

I know surgery was not what you had in mind, but if the MRI shows anything ... surgery could very well put an END to all your miseries.

I know a guy on another forum, whose wife has had GREAT success with this surgery, and as I said, a coworker, too.

Hang in there, jump through the hoops, and keep hoping for the best! So glad your doc is on the ball with this -- my coworker was only diagnosed after MANY YEARS of discomfort, emotional challenges, and misery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts