The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Its a pleasure to be here sharing information with you.

Well, my father is 73 years and he has diabetes 2 since 2007, just about 6 months ago he started complaining his both feet are very numb.

Is there anything tha could minimize this feeling?

doctors say that there is no much to be done but I would like to see others experience

thank you very much

Edwin

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Hello Edwin, welcome to Diabetes Forum! There are several possible causes of numbness in the feet. Diabetes is one of them. I suggest that your father see a neurologist and be examined for possible neuropathy. I have been given tests for neuropathy starting about 20 years ago. I had tingling, burning and numbness in my feet back then. I was running too much high blood sugar, which is what causes all kinds of diabetes complications. I lowered my daiy carb intake to 130g per day and greatly increased my exercise to two hours per day of walking outdoors or house repairs. When I stopped running all that high blood sugar all those problems in my feet gradually disappeared. My A1c tests hav been below 6.0 for several years. What is your father's A1c? He should be seeing a doctor, preferably an endocrinologist, several times per year to get A1c and other blood testing done. Good luck to you and your father.

Richard

·
Registered
15 Posts
Perhaps adding some supplements that are good for blood circulation will help.

Alpha Lipoic Acid, B Complex, and Garlic.

Good luck to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts