The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
coconut oil

I have read in many threads about coconut oil..3T means 3 tablespoons...right...Which coconut oil?...What are the benefits of it for a Diabetic?

I had similar symptoms 5 or 6 years before my diagnosis. I thought it was from sleeping in a wierd position or working out too hard. Once I was dx'd and started to test a lot I realised my bgs were way too high. Since switching to low carb (10-20 carbs meal) most of the tingling and numbness is gone. No one knows exactly where damage begins so I am trying to keep bgs as low as possible. It doesn't matter what the doctor calls your disease. If it causes your bgs to spike high after meals you are at risk for nerve damage and neuropathy. The soluion is to test, test and test some more, especially after meals.

· Registered
6 Posts
Coconut oil

Thanks for the information...again my question...how do you incorporate it in your daily diet..Cooking or eating on salads or Is it in a capsule form?

This may be a slightly sarcastic reply but:

Virgin cold pressed coconut oil is one half MCT ( medium-chain-triglyceride ) which provides instant energy like sugar but does not require a functional insulin response to work, diabetics love it, and one half is a heavy fat that is quite sedating, great for for anxious people.

It has an effect similar to eating a greasy donut. :D

It is great for cooking/frying because it does not break down and cause carcinogens and fee radicals like most other vegetable oils.

It is all saturated fat so it can't go rancid unlike most other vegetable oils.

In studies, Big Pharma hydrogenates (toxifies) it first to "prove" it is a worthless substance.

ColaJim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.