·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: MCS

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
There is corruption at every turn - even in dietetic associations - and Steve Cooksey is a large target; he has been pretty militant in his pursuit of spreading the gospel. We've been aware of these lawsuits (Cooksey has filed a free speech lawsuit of his own).

I think suggesting that Jenny and/or this forum is the next target is unnecessarily alarmist, but these agencies will protect their turf, and the leap to legal resolution is rampant in this country.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wow! What a sham.

This guy gets threatened with a law suit but I see on ABC or one of those channels that the new thing to lose weight is to go into ketosis by stuffing a feeding tube down your nose and feed yourself a low carb solution that is pumped in automatically. I also saw that they have created a way to dump the contents of your stomach by opening some valve surgically implanted into your stomach. But telling someone that cutting carbs can help their diabetes will get you sued.

What a joke.

Say it loud. I'm low carb and I'm proud.

Reactions: foxl and Shanny

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I believe that the reason why he was targeted was mostly due to him actively riling people up as opposed to them combing the internet looking for someone to sue. As I understand it, he attended one of their conferences and asked a lot of hard questions and shared his nutritional views. From there, they learned that he charges for counseling and they decided to sue the pants off of him.

For little people like us who a) don't charge and b) don't physically show up at "the man's" door making sure they notice us, I doubt that they would bother with us. I'm not saying that they have any right to do what they have done, just that he seemed to go out of his way to get their attention (and possibly had a good idea of how they would react).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.