The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended a nutrition orientation class today at a local nutritional medical center in the central Ohio area. I need to loose 60+ pounds and I need some help. I have too many things going on with my diabetes, gastroparesis and insulin problems. I have made my appointment to see a registered dietitian who will do my assessment and a "MedGem" Analysis. I will then be given a 900 calorie diet to follow and will also see a doctor. Until today, I did not know that there was a way to test your metabolism, this should be interesting. I will also be thinking about the Optitrim program. Getting into these type of programs can be unhealthy if not monitored carefully. To be in the center's Optitrim program, you have to see a dietitian and a doctor every week in addition to blood work twice a month. I was told that it takes 2-14 days for your mind/brain to get used to having less food. This should be quite an adventure! BTW, I was told that my insulin requirements will go down, I am already happy with that.:amen:

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Wow! Keep us posted if you go with the Optitrim program . . . this sounds incredibly intense & effective!

Good luck, Breeze!

·
Registered
663 Posts
This sounds like a great course as you have a better understanding of what foods can do for you like what gives you strength instantly so that you can get that energy to use in physical activity and a better match to insulin requirements. ;):D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts