The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well the Professor was sure right when he said "...it’s more a question of belief than anything else." ;) It's high time he took an objective, scientific approach to the growing data which shows his long-held and unproven "beliefs" to be false.

One commenter in Aamulehti put it like this:

‘How extraordinary! For too long Finns have believed in the words of our masters and those doctors who’ve designated themselves experts! As if low-carb diets are a mere fashion and the people who follow them idiots. No: people have chosen low-carb diets, because they’re actually beneficial to these people!’
Such strong language! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I wonder what made the paper decide to write up that lengthy article? It seems pretty random to put in the paper "hey this person is being questioned and taken to task online". Did he bring it up? Was there a bored writer trolling the forums one day? Why bother writing it up at all and then do such a poor job of providing context? :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I wonder what made the paper decide to write up that lengthy article? It seems pretty random to put in the paper "hey this person is being questioned and taken to task online". Did he bring it up? Was there a bored writer trolling the forums one day? Why bother writing it up at all and then do such a poor job of providing context? :)
Looks like the fat wars are heating up in Europe. Here's an earlier article quoting Dr. Uusitupa's concerns about low-carb as the European HEart Network and the UN begin talking about are discussing nutrition. "A resolution was made there [in the UN] in which member states committed themselves to fighting lifestyle diseases by means of nutrition and lifestyle choices. One of the means referenced was replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats. "

(put dot after www to get full address... I can't post links yet)
www helsinkitimes.fi/htimes/finnish-papers/17098-food-industry-actively-promotes-fat-rich-diet.html

So the other article is probably a follow-up from this one.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
(put dot after www to get full address... I can't post links yet)
www helsinkitimes.fi/htimes/finnish-papers/17098-food-industry-actively-promotes-fat-rich-diet.html

So the other article is probably a follow-up from this one.
Thanks! It really does seem like trouble is brewing all over the world around people telling others what they should be eating.

Personally I don't care how right someone thinks they are, they don't have a right to tax my food choices differently, prevent me from buying raw milk, etc.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I imagined a mob of people carrying steaks, cheese, and hard-boiled eggs on pikes surrounding his office, only to be disappointed by obscene phone calls and internet comments.

And what Daytona said. ^ Regardless of who's right (or wrong) in the diet debate, I can't stand government moralizing and control through taxation.

·
Registered
741 Posts
ah huh it feels very paternalistic...like we're not adults and can't make an informed decision for ourselves...

Reactions: Shanny
1 - 8 of 8 Posts