The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Ken and have been diabetic since the late 1990's. I was recently Dx'ed with Neuro Endocrine Carcinoma. For the past 3-4 months my blood sugars have swung wildly, i.e. last saturday my late evening sugars were 357, the next morning it was 85. My endo is pulling his hair out trying to stabilize my numbers. We are constantly changing my insulin dosages. I'm currently on 20 units of Humalog before breakfast, 7 units before lunch, 17 before dinner and 30 of Lantus before bedtime. All this associated with a sliding scale over 125. I'm also on 1000 mg of glucophage XR twice a day. Does anyone have any experience with this type of cancer and its effect on blood sugar numbers? Another time I'll tell you about the constant infections, amputations, etc.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Ken, so sorry you are having such difficulties. The reason you are probably all over the place is due to the carcinoma. If you are having constant infections, amputations, etc. it is going to affect your bg's. Infections alone reek havoc on bg's. Do you have to take antibiotics often? Do you take any pro- or prebiotics to help with your immune system and good flora? Perhaps these are things you might look into. I do not have any expertise on the type of cancer you are experiencing, but I do know that trauma, stress, infections, illness can all create a bad scenario for bg's. Good Luck and keep us informed of your progress. Prayers are going out to you right now....*hug*

1 - 2 of 2 Posts