The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Monday my BG dropped to 63 and I was on 500 milligrams of Medformin once a day. I have lost 45 lbs over a year's time. I walk or ride a bike regularly and watch my diet.

10 days ago, my Doctor took me off the meds. My morning fast BG is between 92-98. I never go higher than 130 two hours after a meal. I'm very excited and very scared at the same time. What experience do any of you have on a similar story.

My last A1C was 5.5 and four months prior was 5.4.

Please share.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Welcome back, Cheenchie . . . good to see you again, and it's really good to hear of your excellent progress and tight control! I hope you'll start visiting often and let us know some of the finer points of your regimen - it can help new people get a handle on managing their diabetes as well as you do.

I've been on metformin since my original diagnosis and I have no desire to go off it since it helps curb my appetite as well as reducing my insulin resistance. My doctor did take me off the statin drug he had prescribed at the time of my diabetes diagnosis, so I'm pleased to be rid of at least one med! :D

Take care and be well!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
That is great that you can control your diabetes with diet and exercise.

Congrats:D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Congratulations! That is excellent news.

·
Anti-Man Made Carbs!
1,891 Posts
Fantastic!

Please share with everyone how its been and any tips you can provide would be welcomed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts