pear and strawberries with lemon curd.jpg

oh my gosh....this is so yummy
Recipe by Anna Olson from Sugar

Lemon Curd

Ingredients
• 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
• 3 eggs
• 1 egg yolk
• 1/2 cup sugar (i used 1/4 cup of powdered splenda)
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
• 1 tsp lemon zest

Method

Whisk together lemon juice, eggs and yolk, and sugar. Whisk in butter and add lemon zest. Place bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk steadily, but gently, until curd becomes thick and pale and creamy, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and chill until ready to use.

I just useed it as a dip/sauce for some very non ripe pear and a few strawberries...I think I might have to work it into a few other things like a topping for cheesecake, a lemon meringue pie with an almond crust, mmmm maybe ice cream...I'm in heaven

Reactions: jwags

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'm thinking of somekind of pie crust made with ground nuts and putting your lemon curd in and then merignue on top.

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
This is something I used to make years ago - hadn't thought of it lately as a diabetes-friendly food! Thanks for the reminder! It makes good filling for pies & tarts, but I guess I prob'ly ate it with a spoon right outta the bowl more often that not!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I make a low carb doughnut with whey powder. I could see filling it with lemon curd. OMG, my mouth is drooling.

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Shanny I've never made it before as the only stuff I'd tried was sickly sweet...this was so tart it was yum!

Jwags I was shocked at how much I liked it...it's a nice fresh alternative to the chocolate recipes...

Reactions: jwags
1 - 5 of 5 Posts