The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my BGL before bedtime now and it was, for the first time in a LONG time, below 200!! It was a beautiful 170 (which I know is still a bit high, but considering I'd been between 300 & 600 this is great!). It explains why I was so hungry tonight. I did very good, I had a salmon fillet baked in the oven with some seasoning, brown rice and steamed veggies. For my snack, I had a bit of fresh fruit. Obviously, whatever I did tonight worked, so I need to try to duplicate it tomorrow.

Just had to share, since hubby's in bed & I'm excited about it. :D

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Good work, Rechelle! Let us know what your fasting looks like this morning. You're getting there little by little! :happy:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I just took my BGL before bedtime now and it was, for the first time in a LONG time, below 200!! It was a beautiful 170 (which I know is still a bit high, but considering I'd been between 300 & 600 this is great!). It explains why I was so hungry tonight. I did very good, I had a salmon fillet baked in the oven with some seasoning, brown rice and steamed veggies. For my snack, I had a bit of fresh fruit. Obviously, whatever I did tonight worked, so I need to try to duplicate it tomorrow.

Looking good! Let us know how you do!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts

Thats awesome! I think that 170 looks great! Its such a great feeling to actually be able to see the benefits of working hard for something isn't it? Pat yourself on the back and keep us posted :) :whoo:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats awesome! I think that 170 looks great! Its such a great feeling to actually be able to see the benefits of working hard for something isn't it? Pat yourself on the back and keep us posted :) :whoo:
And today I bounced back up and had problems with the gastroparesis. :confused: I feel like a yo-yo. I tested it a little while ago & was 301. I wish it would just stablize already! The worst part is the gastroparesis, because of the incredible amount of pain I have after I'm sick. It's almost as bad as the pancreatitis pain. It just sucks.

·
Registered
23 Posts

If you want those BG's to go lower, eliminate the brown rice and watch your portions of certain vegtables and test your blood to see how your blood reacts to the foods you eat. Stay strong. :D

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
And today I bounced back up and had problems with the gastroparesis. :confused: I feel like a yo-yo. I tested it a little while ago & was 301. I wish it would just stablize already! The worst part is the gastroparesis, because of the incredible amount of pain I have after I'm sick. It's almost as bad as the pancreatitis pain. It just sucks.
Gastroparesis is a really frustrating disorder. It can cause your blood glucose to be so erratic. Has your doctor suggested any medications such as Reglan or Erythromycin to help speed up the digestion process? Without the Erythromycin and Zofran, I would be really sick all of the time. I would also suggest that you get a gastric emptying scan done to see how slow your digestion is. Hang in there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts