The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made chicken soup my whole life & I keep striving to find things that will give it a little kick. Today I have all the usual suspects - carrots/celery/onion/mushrooms . . . and I think I'm going to add some chopped asparagus. I've included a quartered lemon because I love the tang it brings to the party - and I DO remove it before serving. I'm thinking of dumping in a cupful of cream at the end to make it cream of chicken, and I might also use a very few pieces of Dreamfields rotini.

Tell me about the best chicken soup you ever made . . . I need a jumpstart here! ;)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Well, I do not make chicken soup, exactly ... but:

Spinach added to the bowl before you serve it.

My dear sweet artichoke hearts.

Mushrooms.

Chard!

basil and mint (very E Asian!) and sriracha.

Jalapenos and sprinkle cheddar or jack on top.

sprouts.

cashews and some curry powder.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I'd have remembered the spinach trick - I've used that in other instances - and the artichokes would be right along the lines of the asparagus & lemon - wonderfully tangy. Am adding those to the ingredients list as we speak.

Now I hope I can remember everything I did, because it turned out well - we're having the leftovers tonight.

http://www.diabetesforum.com/diabet...-not-your-mothers-chicken-soup.html#post38474

·
Registered
718 Posts
Kale :) Especially if you add the cream. I make Zuppa Toscana and fell in love with adding kale to everything. LOL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts