The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a 71 year old woman who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2016. What a long, strange trip it's been! I'm 5'7", I weigh 160, I walk 1.5 to 2 miles a day, and generally take care of myself pretty well. My A1c is 6.8. I use levemir 2x a day and novolog with meals. Fasting BG is 100-120. Got a CGM just 4 days ago, which is opening up a whole world of new info and questions for me. I THOUGHT I had this under control... now not so sure.

·
Administrator
2,618 Posts
Hello, Susan, and welcome to our community! I'm glad you joined us here.

Yeah, there's something about cold hard data that upends aggregate readings like A1c. It sounds like you're doing the right things and I know a few doctors (and maybe a few T1s) who would be just fine with a 6.8 and a FBG around 100.

We do have several CGM users here and they all seem to like having all that data at their disposal. What kinds of questions is it raising for you?

[EDIT] I just saw your post in the other thread.

·
Super Moderator
10,484 Posts
Hi Susan, welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have been managing pretty well the last 6 years. The nice thing about CGMs is that you are no longer in the dark between finger pokes. The CGM should help you fine tune managing your BG.

Really sounds like you are a 71 years young woman, keep on being active!!! Looking forward to hearing more about your new journey with the CGM..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts