The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems likely that I am allergic to fish, or some fish at least and after a bad reaction again last week, my PCP and I both think I should avoid fish oil capsules until I see an allergist and learn more about it. It may not be all fish, but he can guide me. However, I need some thoughts about how I can use another source of Omega-3. I discovered that apparently flax seed contains it and maybe ALA. Can anyone enlighten me about this?

I'd appreciate any knowledge anyone will share,

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Walnuts are high in omega-3, and olive oil unless it reaches high temperatures so good for salad dressing.

A friend's son is allergic to fish but not shellfish (weird to me since I think of shellfish as the common allergen) - maybe you could eat shrimp or scallops?

But flaxseed is definitely the most bang for the buck. Maybe make walnut butter?

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for this info. I'm just going to eat a couple of T. of flax every day...it may even off-set the cheese thing that I have problems with! :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
DarrenO

There's slot we can't eat all I can do is google most things does anyone use anything different?
a line directly from your scam advertising:

Your pancreas can also become compromised if it is deluged by acids – acids not only from fast absorption carbohydrates we consume, but also from sugars, excess fats, high acid forming foods, and uric acid (all very common in our modern diets), as they keep going from the stomach directly to the pancreas.

"they keep going from the stomach directly to the pancreas." this is ignorant and stupid!

we do not like this scam misinformation on this forum! new members might believe this crap.

ColaJim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts