The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The word is, after a painful sitting for a full body X-ray, numerous blood tests, and nearly three anxious filled weeks, I do not have any cancer. That is good news, but, it doesn't stop the downward slide in my kidney functions. After getting my Creatinine down to 1.5 and my GFR's back to 48, I am once again hit smack dab in the middle of the face with a 1.8 Creatinine level and a 36 GFR rate.:Cry:

The body has an uncanny ability to take the celebration out of anything and everything, including my news from Oncology.

In order to try to reverse these kidney function levels, I am eating more salads and vegetables, and a whole lot less red meat (beef, chicken and turkey). Of course, I don't like having to eat less protein, but the alternative is an earlier than planned meeting with the friendly neighborhood mortician. :violin:

I want to thank all of you who have prayed for me and wished me well over the last few weeks. I appreciate your love and care, very much. Furthermore, if anyone knows of a way for me to eat and enjoy protein's while not causing further harm to kidneys, I'd love hearing from you!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
The no-cancer news is certainly a relief - was incredibly good to hear. Thank you so much for letting us know.

Dang on the kidney news. Double dang. Taking another dietary hit is no fun, unfair, bites. Fortunately, one thing we've learned, is that we can adjust and thrive within whatever dietary limitations we're dealt. All sorts of new recipes are in your future!

Sending all good thoughts -

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Whoopee! What a anxious time you've had, but altho' the news isn't great, at least it is positive!

Happy Dance and perhaps someone will know more than I do.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
There are a lot of news articles out there that say kidney disease can be reversed with a low carb diet. Here is one of the articles.

Congratulations on the no-cancer news.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
If your kidney disease is very advanced, Dr. Bernstein recommends eating more fish protein.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts