·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A question of thought, does "cure" mean a person can return to a "I can do as I want" way of life? We can all wish for a cure but a cure will be meaningless unless people change from the habits that allowed diabetes the open door to start with.
We are talking type 1 here, not type 2. The kind young people like kids get, where their beta islet cells are somehow destroyed, and they are totally dependent on insulin to stay alive. Not us older fat farts with type 2. We already have a "cure" or we do if we go at it soon enough. (Exercise, lose weight, eat right)

·
Registered
5 Posts
We are talking type 1 here, not type 2. The kind young people like kids get, where their beta islet cells are somehow destroyed, and they are totally dependent on insulin to stay alive. Not us older fat farts with type 2. We already have a "cure" or we do if we go at it soon enough. (Exercise, lose weight, eat right)

Hi, well I am hearing about cures of T1 20 years now, I had read the article as well but I can't believe that even if scientists find a real "cure", they will be able to sell it to all people. The high economical interests sayed otherwise... At least all the T1 fellows we can dream :p

I got T1 25 years now since i was 1,5 years old:)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ummm - kids aren't the only ones who develop T1 - I was diagnosed 2 months before my 53rd birthday. Sorry - no "cure" for me, no matter how many dietary changes I make or how much exercise I get.

Jen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts