The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to order new strips and found the One Touch Verio is a little over half the price of the One Touch Ultra or Ultrasmart.

In fact, I can get a new Verio meter and strips for what I would have paid for the Utra strips alone.

Comments? Good/bad? The same?

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
Are the Verio strips cheaper, too? Strips are the real cost of using a meter, especially for how often some folks test.

ETA: just looked at the Web site for my preferred meter/strip/accessory supplier. Looks like Verio strips are maybe $10 cheaper for every 50 strips. Same supplier shows both the (plain ol') Verio meter at the same price as the Ultra 2 meter. So I suppose if you keep the meter for more than 200 strips, you'll see a payback.

Are there other reasons you might want to switch (size, features, etc.)?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the Verio strips cheaper, too? Strips are the real cost of using a meter, especially for how often some folks test.
Yes, $38 / 100 vs $65-75 / 100 based on Amazon and Walmart.

Reviews are divided: love them or hate them, but ~80% positive.

I avoid third party strips but these are from One Touch.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Could the price difference be a supply issue due to the Ultra having been discontinued some years back?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could the price difference be a supply issue due to the Ultra having been discontinued some years back?
I did not know they had been discontinued. Actually, I have the newer OneTouch UltaSmart which I'm told uses the same strips.

Has anyone found cheaper OneTouch strips cheaper than $65-75 / 100?

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I've bought strips on eBay, always with good results. Here's one but I couldn't read the expiration of the strips on the photo.

Expiration is 11/30 .. if you need longer there are probably other good deals.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've bought strips on eBay, always with good results. Here's one but I couldn't read the expiration of the strips on the photo.

Expiration is 11/30 .. if you need longer there are probably other good deals.
Thanks, great price but expires in six weeks.
My search: Walmart $75 /100
Amazon $65 / 100

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
Yes, $38 / 100 vs $65-75 / 100 based on Amazon and Walmart.
Wow. "My" place charges $149/100 for Ultra strips and about $20 less for Verio strips. :surprise: I guess either they don't want to sell One Touch or they don't get much of a discount from One Touch. Sorry; I'm of no help here.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Thanks, great price but expires in six weeks.
My search: Walmart $75 /100
Amazon $65 / 100
I'm not giving up on finding you the best price ! :)

Here's an eBay one with expiration in 2020.

If you use eBay and pay attention to expiration, you shouldn't have to pay more than 50 cents/strip. I've almost always bought my strips off eBay and it has always worked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts