The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name is Adrian and I was diagnosed type2 a week ago. I thought that was it, my life was over, I was diabetic. I have no idea where I'm going or what to do. But, I am making real life changes and hope I can get to grips with all this.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
Nope, it's not over, just changed a bit. You'll do just fine. Welcome to a group you'd hoped to never join. Ask anything you want and most likely someone will answer.

Good luck,

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Hi, Adrian. If you are confused about what to do, go to Blood Sugar 101 and do some reading. The site is based on good research, but is very easy to understand. It is a great starting place.

We can help you more if we know the results of your A1c test, whether or not you are on meds, and what your bg has been running. If you don't check your bg, you should get a meter and some test strips to keep track of how you are doing. Your doctor can prescribe the meter and strips for you. If it ends up you have to pay for them yourself, Walmart has some that don't cost much.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is Adrian and I was diagnosed type2 a week ago. I thought that was it, my life was over, I was diabetic. I have no idea where I'm going or what to do. But, I am making real life changes and hope I can get to grips with all this.
Hello Adrian,

It's now exactly a year since I was diagnosed as diabetic - probably type 2, but the French doctors here haven't been very explicit or helpful on details.

Like you, I was shocked and worried. Lucky for me my wife took my diet in hand and now, other than watching what I eat, life goes on better than before. In July last year, my concentration was shot to h..l and afternoons were spent dozing on the sofa. Now I feell a lot better both physically and mentally, so whilst Diabetes is serious, it's not the end of everything.

You've found a very useful forum here - the support from the more experienced hands is tremendous and there's always someone around who will try to help. As has already been suggested, Blood Sugar 101 is a great place to start.

Welcome to the club.

John

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welcome

Hi Adrian,

It's good to have you here in the group. There should be many here to give some help and advise when needed. It's a big adjustment and helps visiting with others that are in the same boat. Plus make some pretty good friends too:D.

Gene

1 - 5 of 5 Posts