The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here it is, the one year anniversary of my diagnosis with Type 1 diabetes. Or, as I like to call it, a poopy-butt pancreas. Diabetes just has a very negative sound to it. Some days it seems like it has been years and others it seems like it was just yesterday.
I want to thank all of you for the support, guidance and encouragement you offered me during my early days as a diabetic. I know that I would not be nearly as controlled now if it was not for you guys in my life. You remind me to take it one day, meal and test at a time. You mean more to me than I can ever express. By offering me a place to go with people who truly understand what I am experiencing and allowing us to talk about anything, it is amazing. No matter how hard they try, my friends and family, as awesome and supportive as they are, simply cannot understand what I am going through. You guys do.
I want to say a special thanks to Shanny. You have been wonderful and I am so glad that this forum brought us together. Even though we have never met, I feel like I know you and you truly care about me. The way you give me advice and talk to me about my personal life, remembering the things we talked about in the past, is amazing.
Thanks for everything you guys do. You truly are amazing!! :cheer2:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Happy Anniversary Josh! As much as you appreciate everyone on this forum, I think I speak for the entire group when I say that we appreciate you just the same. As a newly diagnosed Type 1, I tend to pay close attention to all of your posts in particular.

Cheers,

Jeremy

Reactions: Joshua Shorter

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy Anniversary Josh! As much as you appreciate everyone on this forum, I think I speak for the entire group when I say that we appreciate you just the same. As a newly diagnosed Type 1, I tend to pay close attention to all of your posts in particular.

Cheers,

Jeremy
Thank you so much. This means a lot to me. If I can help one person, it is all worth it. Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
Happy Anniversary Joshua. It must be remarkable looking back, how much you've learned, accomplished, and given back in one short year.

Thank you for being here for us, old-timers and newbies like me.

It's a great place - with great moderators :)

Reactions: Joshua Shorter

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
:clap2: Happy Anniversary! :clap2:​

And many thanks for your wisdom!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Happy anniversary - I would also like to add my thanks to everyone on this forum. The weeks following diagnosis are hard enough to get through - the understanding and advice that you all provide here is a life-saver and has really helped me to bring my BGS under control quickly. The NHS advice in the UK is so unhelpful and unclear that being able to access sensible, informative opinions has been amazing. I don't post frequently but I check the forums almost daily - you have made a vast difference to me.

Reactions: moon and Shanny
1 - 9 of 9 Posts