The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Ima new diabetic n I use the onetouch meter n I jus happened to have bought the onetouch ultra blue test strips ... Anybody know how many vials suppose to be in a Box of 100 ct

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi Zocks and welcome to DF !!!

All the OneTouch (box of 100) strips I've seen have four (4) smaller vials of 25 strips in each. They are a loose fit in the outer box. You likely know, but be sure to keep the strips in the small round vials during usage, one person I know moved his to a small envelope and had some problem :(
Overall I have had good results from the OneTouch system, close measured results with Lab testing. When visiting your doc, take yours and if possible test at the same time the Lab draw is made. That way you will have a good idea of how your BG meter measures.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Those of us with shaky fingers from hypos need to be able to reach into the vial easily!

But, yes, OneTouch is the only co. that puts 25 in a vial instead of 50 or more ...

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
As was said, my Rx is always 2 boxes with 4 vials of 25 strips each. That gets me 200 strips.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i have got them both ways. my Rx gets me 50 at a time so i get t vials of 25 each. but i have recently bought 100 online and it came in 2 vials of 50. i liked the vials of 50 and didnt have any problems getting them out of the container.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
be sure to keep the strips in the small round vials during usage, one person I know moved his to a small envelope and had some problem.
Just remember to keep your unused strips in the vial, zocks. Try to not handle them any more than necessary before you're ready to use them.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I used One touch until about 6 months ago. I think when they switched the stips to the blue variety all with the 25 code they also switched the vial size. Mine came with 50 stips in a tiny vial. It was amost impossible for me to get my fingers in. I have since switched to Contour USB.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts