The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am on this new drug along with metformin. it is very expensive $3-5 per dosage. it has dramatically lowered my blood sugar. is anyone else using this medicine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there...any update on your experience with Onglyza? Still effective? Side effects?

Thanks!
I have been using Onglyza for two months now. It is excellent to control my glucose numbers, but I have suffered two bad colds, one per month. I think it is a side effect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am on this new drug along with metformin. it is very expensive $3-5 per dosage. it has dramatically lowered my blood sugar. is anyone else using this medicine?
Hi, I am using this medicine but perhaps I will stop using it as I have had upper respiratory infections twice in two months, I understand from reading the description of this drug that this is a side effect. Have you had this side effect too?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just another DPP-4 inhibitor = cancer.

...Just another DPP-4 inhibitor, like Januvia. One of the main purposes of DPP-4 in the body is to inhibit cancer. One would not only predict that inhibiting DPP-4 would increase cancer, it has been shown to do so in animals. This is especially dangerous for diabetics, since they have a marked increase in risk of cancer already. Once again, this is an example of the treatment becoming the disease.. Do not believe that the drug companies' prime concern is your health. It isn't. Their only goal is to maximize profit, even at your life's expense. The drug company's know that it will take years to "prove" the link to cancer, so even when the drug ultimately is shown to cause more harm than good, such as Avandia, they will have already made their billions. Do not take part in this deadly experiment.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I thought I was seeing double this morning but there is another thread about Onglyza. I'm just happy I'm not going crazy :rolleyes:

Funny you mention upper respiratory infections... I had a really bad case of sinus infection and bronchitis just last month. Haven't been that sick since I-don't-remember-when. I work and visit many different healthcare facilities and I never catch anything, although I'm in contact with lots of nasties. When there is an outbreak, it seems I'm the only one who isn't sick. Now I'm wondering about this Onglyza...

Much to think about!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I remember my Dad was put on Januvia 2 years ago. Since he already has some auto immune diseases and he is elderly, the side effects of the colds, sinus infrections really worried me. Jenny Ruhl on her website Blood Sugar 101 has a whole page on diabetes drugs. She does not like Januvia and likes Onglyza even less. There are so many much safer, cheaper ways to reduce bgs without damaging your immune system.

Reactions: Shanny
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.