The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I have to see my diabetes doctor, I have to sit in traffic for one hour, wait another hour in the clinic as my doctor is usually running late, meet with my doctor for 15 minutes, and sit in traffic again for an hour to get back. Can't the consultation be done online? Does any one else have the same problem? Is any one else able to receive consultation online? Please share your experiences and thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Sanjeeb! :welcome:

Please feel free to share your personal experiences with diabetes!

You'll find lots of info, support and the best kind of nosiness here.

I can consult with my doctor online and by phone for most non-urgent questions and concerns. I use it mostly for tweaking dosages.

Phone takes longer; I call the office and get an "appointment" for the next day, which is really a 2-hour window during which I wait for her to call me. Both, however, are better than going in for every darn thing.

I figure out my own insulin doses. Learned how to do that from a diabetes educator, and from here.

Have you asked your doctor about online consultations or, perhaps, phone appointments?

Please read a lot, ask lots of questions and ... most of all ... please keep us posted!

Reactions: SanjeebP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Shalynne. My doctor does not offer online or telephone consultation. Perhaps online / phone consultation is more common in the US than in India. I suppose I will look around to see if another doctor offers this. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Yeah, asking is the only way to find out.

Frankly, I don't know if it is more common in the US. My doctor is employed by a health insurer that runs its own hospitals, clinics and medical offices -- don't know if that makes a difference.

Hope you find a cooperative doc!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear skb,

Many thanks for the link to blood glucose 101. I have only just started browsing it, but will go through all the material thoroughly. Incidentally I am very impressed by your BMI, HbA1c, and the fact that you are managing this only through diet and exercise. I read a little bit about LCHF but most of the articles I have read deal with a very Western diet, therefore not useful for Indian diet, which has so much carbs. I wonder how you are managing LCHF. I used to live in Mumbai too a few years ago. Thanks again for the link. Much appreciated.

SanjeebP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts