The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sitting in my yard when I heard a high, loud scream from the yard two houses away. Then I heard absolutely panicked screaming from my neighbor and her son-in-law, who live in the house. They were shouting the name of their large dog, Lola. Shouting it in absolute panic: LOLA! Get away! Lola NO! LOLA OFF! Screaming like you don't hear coming from adults except in footage of terrible news events.

I pictured Lola attacking a small child who was visiting. The screaming continued. I ran over to see if there was anything I could do: watch the other dog, watch the children if necessary.

Only it wasn't a small child Lola was clamped onto. It was a skunk. She was shaking it and tossing it like a rag doll.

Ultimately, they got Lola away from the skunk. The skunk is alive and circling their back yard right now, looking for an escape route. I smell because I stood in the general vicinity of the dog for five minutes. My clothes are in the wash. Lola, unfortunately, is foaming wildly at the mouth and much chagrined at her fate. She is being soaked and bathed in skunk remedy.

This stuff really works, if you get it on immediately and let it sit for a good long while.

http://home.earthlin...ome/sk00001.htm

I always post that link this time of year in the dog forum I frequent. But since y'all are my new community, I figured I'd share it here, too. Sooner or later, somebody's dog is going to tangle with one of the young, stupid skunks that run around in August and September. :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I awoke early this morning a bit before 5:00 am to the strong aroma of a skunk blowing in my bedroom window. I didn't mind the smell actually as it reminded me a bit of fresh brewed real strong coffee. It actually made me want a cup. I kept my window open and dozed off. I have smelled many things I consider far worse than that of a skunk.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thanks for posting the remedy. My dog got it the face a couple of weeks ago, while she was rolling all over the living room carpet and foaming at the mouth, eyes rolling around I was sure she she was having a stroke till the smell hit me. that was a nasty day!!!

Reactions: Kathryn Mc

·
Registered
698 Posts
Oh, my gosh, our dog likes skunks, too! What is with them? The worst is when you're all dressed for work and they share their stinky joy with you in a leap and a hug. OHHHH!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts