The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Oatmeal will spike me the worst of any carbs I could possible eat, Dorito's run a close second. For breakfast, I will eat a slice of low carb bread toasted with a fried egg and cheese on it, or if in a hurry, natural peanut butter on the buttered toast. On a day when I have time, nothing like bacon and eggs, an omelete with meat, cheese and my favorite, bell pepper, or a crustless quiche made with real cream. If there is a reason that I have to eat fast food in the morning, I choose Burger King's Breakfast Bowl. It has 15 gms of carbs and is scrambled eggs, sausage, a few chuncks of potatoes, sauteed peppers and onions with melted cheese over the top. I like to keep in the under 10 gms of carbs range for breakfast, but there are times when I "need" to do the BK breakfast bowl. Another thing is to make hardboiled eggs and have them on hand in the fridge for a fast breakfast. I find I need a little more than a hardboiled egg to keep me going so I may pair it with a piece of toast or have two with a slice of low carb toast with butter, of course. Actually, I find breakfast now to be the easiest meal to low carb. Another thing, any cereal or cereal treats will most likely spike you also.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts