The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm back on the pump and my numbers are really much better than ever. I did sleep late this morning and woke with a reading of 56 though. I dreamed last night that my pump had a dysfunction and delivered too much insulin and i ran to the frige to fetch a gluco shot. ( keep in mind this was a dream ) anyway I woke up low which never happens and corrected with juice. Around an hour ago I filled a new reservoir with insulin and put in my pump, primed it and noticed that it seemed like to me that much more insulin came out from the priming than should have... I filled cannula without it being attached to see if it still seemed to be releasing too much and it did seem more than 1 unit...I think I was just being paranoid but it did cross my mind to call animas... For a second at least....Thanks for taking the time to let me ramble on !!! Good grief :0) lol

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think you are being just a little paranoid. Keep in mind that a whole canula holds somewhere around 8 units depending on the length. So what you saw come out I dought was 1 unit but it could have been.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi adj, you mean the tubing holds 8 units or the cannula ? I think you're right. Havnt had any problems today. Thanks hon:)

·
Registered
633 Posts
oh yea I meant the tubing but you knew what I ment. Glad to hear you are doing better. You will find that sometimes there just isn't a reason for why our blood glucose does what it does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.