The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello if i take my meds and my insulin i find i can eat as much as i like white bread chips anything and my reading just raise 1 or 2 points is this normal

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
hello if i take my meds and my insulin i find i can eat as much as i like white bread chips anything and my reading just raise 1 or 2 points is this normal
Hi there Parky! Yes you can eat regular food and take insulin to cover the carbs. The only problem with that is you may be using alot of insulin since white bread, potato's, chips and so on are usually high in carbs. If you can, try and use some wheat bread and try to limit your chips to an ounce (1 serving) and the amount of white sugar. There is a list of glycemic foods under the diet section of the forum that is a really good way to see what will spike your blood sugar the quickest. Cheese and most meat do not raise your blood sugar, you can eat as much as you want unless you are trying to loose weight. Try and eat some cheese and meat for snacks instead of chips. Good to hear from you. Have a nice day!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Parky-when you post, try to post under the diabetes section or diabetes treatment. These sections would be a better place to post. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Yes that is normal if you match the carbs to the insulin.

its also normal to put on extra weight doing that. your body uses insulin to use the sugars your body makes from the carbs. if your muscles dont need the sugars your body converts all that extra carbs you eat to FAT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry breeze wrong place i take lantus 30 and also 18 16 18novorapid aday plus 4x500 metformin i read this means i am producing very little ibsulin and being treated almost the same as a type 1 .1am dyselix sorry

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
sorry breeze wrong place i take lantus 30 and also 18 16 18novorapid aday plus 4x500 metformin i read this means i am producing very little ibsulin and being treated almost the same as a type 1 .1am dyselix sorry
You're doing good, Parky . . . we'll find you eventually - wherever you post! Just stay in touch! ;) :) :D

And diabetes86 is right when he says weight gain will follow if you're having to take more insulin to cover your carbs. Just be careful & watch how many carbs you're getting - cut down a little if you have to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts