The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Today my BS was 130 at 5pm and i ate 100grams Peanuts ( boiled ) and had tea ( no suger ) tested after 45 mins later it was 135 .
So i can continue eating peanut right ?

Thanks,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Peanuts are great as whilst they have a high headline carb almost all of that is fibre which is great as it can sometimes be hard to get when watching carbs. They also have lots of unsaturated fats which should boost your HDL cholesterol(the good cholesterol). Medically docs would probably want you to have the unsalted kind tho ;)

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I eat peanuts.....almonds too. Actually almonds are very good for you.

·
Registered
24,394 Posts
Can't go wrong eating nuts , , , peanuts are a legume instead of a nut, but by diabetes standards, it's all good. I eat tons of nuts - almonds, pecans, peanuts, cashews . . . go for it! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
My favorite is raw peanuts, but also enjoy any of the "real" nuts, too.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Peanuts and Peanut butter spike me. I limit to 1 ounce at a time. They are legumes, not nuts ... and contain STARCH.

Sigh ... makes me sad. I think I am a super starch-splitter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Love mixed nuts...

I buy the 5lb. cans of Planters mixed nuts from Sam's, and go through at least 1 every two weeks...:) Although I have help from my wife and son every now and then.
I find that my BG level only goes up slightly when eating about a cup (which is a lot for me, approx. 20 carbs)
They react slowly for me, and that's a good thing:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts