1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mmmmmmm Peanut Butter Cookies............ :D

Ingredients

* 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
* 1 1/3 cups baking sugar replacement (recommended: Splenda)
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet.

In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, 1 cup sugar replacement, the egg, and vanilla, and stir well with a spoon. Roll the dough into balls the size of walnuts. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. With a fork, dipped in sugar replacement to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie. Bake for 12 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle the cookies with some of the remaining sugar replacement. Cool slightly before removing from pan.

·
Registered
461 Posts
WOW That sounds good... I'm going to try peanut butter cookies this weekend. Thanks Aimster...!!!

Bugg:Dheaded to the river

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just finished baking my 1st batch, I used the extra crunchy. I managed to eat 4 and took 1 to the hubby, he went back and got 3 more. I may have to hide em.

Reactions: d33na

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ooohh. I know what I'm making this weekend! (In addition to cheese crisps... I haven't introduced my fiancee to them yet, which I should remedy, as he's doing a keto diet)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I tried making these to take to work for my lunch tomm. Had one....and my Bs went through the roof. Then I realized that the peanut butter's second ingredient is sugar. Will buy the organic, natural one next time. Has nothing JUst Peanuts!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I tried making these to take to work for my lunch tomm. Had one....and my Bs went through the roof. Then I realized that the peanut butter's second ingredient is sugar. Will buy the organic, natural one next time. Has nothing JUst Peanuts!!
yeah that sux! the one important thing I've learned is to read ALL food labels...here in Australia the new catch phrase is 'organic' so foods labelled 'organic' often (but still not always) seem to have no salt or sugar...I head for the part of the supermarket that sells gluten-free...that's where they sell more 'healthy' foods...and somehow it costs more lol

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Also, if you used Splenda for baking ... that stuff spikes me as much as sugar does. It's the maltodextrin, I think.

Not everybody has that reaction, but many do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts