The Diabetes Forum Support Community For Diabetics Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I knew about this a while ago but forgot to mention it before today.

I have over 30kg (about 67 lbs) of peanut butter in my basement. I'm OK for a little while. :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't eat peanut butter, only an occasional small bag of peanuts, but of course those will be going up, too.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I don't eat peanut butter, only an occasional small bag of peanuts, but of course those will be going up, too.
I would suspect peanuts to rise HIGHER than peanut butter. Much of the cost of peanut butter is in processing - which is why there's only a projected 40% rise in that product. There's much less work in processing a bag of peanuts (or so I'd guess) so with more of the cost of the item coming from the ingredient, it's likely to rise more, sadly enough.

I love peanuts...

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I have also heard the price of coffee is set to soar, now to me that is a bigger problem. We do most of our bulk shopping at Costco and I have noticed almost everythig has increased in price over the last 6 months.

·
Super Moderator
6,162 Posts
I have also heard the price of coffee is set to soar, now to me that is a bigger problem.
Maybe time to start roasting your own. Once you do, you can never go back - and once you have a roaster, you save by buying green beans and get a quality that can't be matched.

I get all my green from Home Coffee Roasting Supplies - Sweet Maria's - have bought from him for over 10 years and can't say enough good things about him. If I got started, this post would go on for 10 screens.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Y'think?!! :D :D :D
I'm a well-prepared hoarder of food and other storage items. In the basement I have hundreds of pounds of wheat (useless to me now, lol, but the wife still bakes with it), about 100 lbs of honey (I eat a little honey now and then, but VERY limited amounts), Beans, canned everything, lots of stuff.

It started with simply shopping and buying extra during sales, etc. (Like those extreme coupon people with 50 packages of toilet paper, you know?) and has pretty much taken over the storage room and the 5th bedroom. I figure I've got about 3 -4 months worth of food there.

I'm also fully stocked with a generator, fuel, camping gear, wood for the fireplace, extra water and what have you.

I'm set for any major disaster, LOL. You never know...

Reactions: Shanny

·
Registered
432 Posts
Man, Beefy if I was a mouse I love to live in your basement. lol

Reactions: moon
1 - 9 of 9 Posts